Gentle yet effective, the cleanser helps support the elimination and prevention of Demodex mites, leaving your skin feeling fresh and looking brighter.
Demodex mites feed off natural oils made by your skin as well as the oil in most skincare and cosmetic products. In larger numbers, the mites can put your skin out of balance.
‘Ungex Demodex Defence Cleanser’ removes dirt from your skin and unclogs pores caused by excessive sebum. In doing so, it helps create a hostile environment for mite growth, and discourages the recurrence of Demodex-related conditions.
The cleanser uses a mix of natural ingredients that cut through the dirt to purify your skin’s surface. It also helps remove the toxins released by the mites, making skin and hair irritation and inflammation from these sneaky parasites history.
If you prefer a cleanser that does not contain artificial colours, parabens, SLS, SLES and is cruelty-free, this is for you.
A personal Ungex consultant guides you on maximising benefits from ‘Ungex Demodex Defence Cleanser’.
✔️ Works well for all skin types
✔️ Suitable for scalp, face and body
✔️ Supports skin lustre, clarity and texture
✔️ Assists in treating all stages of head demodicosis
✔️ Helps mitigate Demodex folliculorum & Demodex brevis
‘Ungex Demodex Defence Cleanser’ is primarily a cleansing agent enhancing skin hygiene and helping calm skin inflammation. To boost the efficacy of Demodex removal, use the cleanser in conjunction with the anti-Demodex sprays in our top-value Bundles and Kits.
Demodex Defence Cleanser (DDC)
Water (Aqua), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pyridoxine HCl, Polyquaternium-10, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Menthol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol
How to Use
For use on the scalp, face, and body to help skin become a hostile environment for Demodex mites.
For the best results, use in conjunction with Ungex Demodex sprays.
How to Use:
- Read the ‘Direction for Use’ on the product label.
- At night, apply cleanser to the skin and lather.
- Rinse thoroughly after application with warm water.
- Before exiting the shower, let cool water run over the skin.
- Avoid products like conditioners, lotions, and moisturisers.
Did You Know?
Most people lower their skin’s ability to protect them by stripping their skin and overusing cleansers, especially the face and scalp areas, further giving Demodex an advantage? To help fix this, only use the cleanser when there is dirt to remove from the skin.
- Suitable for both skin and hair.
- Avoid cleanser if your skin is not dirty.
- ‘Dirt’ can be defined by an unpleasant odour, cosmetics, air pollution, etc.
- When skin is clean, shower with plain water only to control oil, massaging the skin as you go.
- If skin becomes dry, try reducing the frequency of use or apply organic cold-pressed extra-virgin coconut
oil to introduce some moisture without feeding mites.
- Cleansers alone are not enough to eradicate mites.
- For complete Demodex elimination, bundles or kits are required
For more information please read below links:
Ungex Protocols | Habits | USER GUIDE PDF
Protocol Quick Guide
The Full Treatment: Suitable for Bundles & Kits
This protocol overview is intended to be used as a quick guide on the steps needed to implement treatment. Individual product instructions should be read thoroughly to ensure complete understanding. Ungex Demodex consultants are available for further advice based on individual needs.
How to Use:
Step 1. Demodex Defence Cleanser (DDC) As required
- Do not overuse cleanser.
- Does not need to be used every night unless there are visible signs of dirt.
- If the cleanser is not required, cleanse the skin and scalp with water only.
Step 2. Demodex Hair Tonic (DHT) Every night
- Spray on the scalp every night.
Step 3. High-Frequency Instrument (HFI) Recommended
- Follow the direct method of application.
- Use once a week up-to every night.
Step 4. Pro Demodex Treatment (PDT) Every night
- PDT is our strongest anti-Demodex solution. PDT can be used interchangeably for the skin and environment.
Demodex can transfer from the skin onto things in the environment through physical contact. It is important to reduce cross-transfer as much as possible and avoid repeat use of objects that come into contact with us daily, like towels, hairbrushes, pillowcases, etc.
To combat this, follow one or more of these options:
- Leave fabrics in the sun for a few hours each day.
- Avoid repeating use of items for at least 52 hours.
- Spray bedding and pillowcases with PDT nightly before bed.
Tips & Tricks:
- All products are suitable for use over the entire body (except DHT).
- All Ungex products should be used on damp skin/scalp.
- All Ungex products are required to be used in the protocol, although the most important role is the PDT spray.
- No other products should be used for the duration of treatment. If this is unavoidable, we strongly suggest that other products be used in the morning.
- If skin becomes dry and you know that you are not over-cleansing, try using organic, cold-pressed and extra-virgin coconut oil to introduce some moisture without feeding Demodex.
- The best time to use all Ungex products is at night before bed.
- Shake bottles before use.
Did You Know?
The Ungex protocol is one of the first fully developed treatments that is aimed at Demodex mites in human skin and is not symptoms specific. Ungex natural based products can be adapted to use in all areas, ages, and skin types.
STOP BAD HABITS
- Reduce the consumption of fried and greasy food.
- Avoid sharing items that come in direct contact with the skin.
- Reduce sedentary lifestyle, smoking, and alcohol consumption.
- Reduce any stress and pressure that may impact the immune system.
FOLLOW GOOD HABITS
- Rinse skin in warm water, then finish with cool water.
- Stay hydrated, exercise regularly, and take some time to relax.
- Optimise your sleep routine to ensure your body has had plenty of rest.
- Try to maintain a positive outlook; laughing and having fun can benefit the body and mind.
- Read the label before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If medical advice is needed, have a product container or label at hand.
Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities:
- Store in original containers and keep away from incompatible materials.
- Ensure all lids and caps are tightly sealed after each use.
- Store in a clean, cool, dry, and well-ventilated area.
- Store between 5°C to 28°C (41 – 82.4 °F).
First Aid Measures:
- For external use only
- May be harmful if large amounts are swallowed.
- Full strength material may be irritating to the eyes and cause some reactions in sensitive individuals.
- Full strength material should not cause any irritation to the mucous membrane and upper airways.
- Not considered an irritant through normal use. Full strength material in repeated or prolonged contact with skin may be irritating.
The information herein is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, it is meant to describe the safety requirements of our products, thus this shall not constitute a guarantee for any specific product features and shall not establish a legally valid contractual relationship. No warranty is expressed or made as to this document’s accuracy, reliability or completeness. Users have the sole responsibility to determine the suitability of the materials for any use and the manner of use contemplated.