As the coronavirus is widening globally every day, it is essential to know it and use the prevention tips. This guidance for employers and employees is based on what we currently know about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Here are some recommended strategies for employers to make use:
Encourage sick employees to stay home:
- Employees who have symptoms advised to stay home and not attend to work until they are fever-free.
- Employees should inform their supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
- Ensure that your sick leave policies are adaptable and compatible with public health guidance and that employees informed with these policies.
- Hospitals and medical facilities may be extremely busy at this time, so please do not ask for a doctor’s note for employees who are sick to validate their illness.
- Employers should know that more employees may need to stay at home to care for sick family members than is usual. So, they should prepare adaptable policies that allow employees to stay home to care for a sick family member.
Separate infected employees:
- Employees who appear to have symptoms (such as cough, shortness of breath) should be separated from other employees and get home immediately.
Emphasize prevention tips:
- Provide tissues and no-touch disposal containers.
- Notify employees to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or sanitize their hands often with an alcohol-based hand gel that contains at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Prepare soap and water and alcohol-based hand gels in the workplace. Assure that sufficient supplies prepared.
- Stop the fingerprint attendance system during this period.
Conduct routine environmental cleaning:
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, and workstations as a routine.
- We recommend no additional disinfection beyond routine cleaning at this time.
- Provide disposable wipes so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down by employees before each use.